5.27.2010

I have been waiting all summer for tonight; the premier of "Sex in the City 2!" I hardly ever watched this show when it was on HBO but I got completely hooked watching reruns late at night. So, I dragged my sister to a  movie, on a work night, that did NOT have vampires OR werewolves in it! That feat alone is note worthy.

It felt really good to laugh tonight and escape the real world. I love the character "Carrie" and the bond she has with her friends. I wonder if that exists in real life? Or maybe it only does for certain people.

I have always preferred writing rather than speaking my words in person but somehow I've lost either the ability or the desire. A very important day in my life recently turned into an emotional roller coaster as I was bombarded with texts from someone I care about chewing me out because I made the mistake of telling them how I felt. The same thing happened exactly one week later only this time the person didn't believe my words were sincere.  I have lost my will to even try to adequately express myself. Someone once said, "It's okay to think it but not to say it (how you feel) out loud." Those words did so much damage and made me realize that person really didn't respect me. Maybe they never really knew me at all. It appears that might be contagious. I did not stifle who I was then and I can't promise I will now. What I can do is try to choose silence a little more often.

No comments: