5.03.2010

Day 1

Today I officially traded my "purple" office for a "blue" one. There is definitely a learning curve to be dealt with but overall it was a good day. I am now an official KU employee! Last night I went to watch my sister and Jon play softball. As I was sitting there an odd feeling consumed me. I had only been in town 30 minutes so I felt like when I come to visit. Where I would normally know or at least recognize 95% of those around me, now I know no one. Tonight while out watching another game it hit me.. I LIVE here now. This isn't just an extended visit, this is seriously my life now and I can choose to do what I want with this new beginning. I have to admit it feels really cool! The only draw back and I know it is temporary is I miss my little monkey girls. They are finishing out the school year and the softball season then they will be here permanently. So for now we are having to sacrifice and they are both being extremely brave. As I was hugging Gen good-bye yesterday I couldn't help but start to cry. She was being so strong for me and said, "Don't cry mom you're going to freak out Syd. " I couldn't help but laugh because I knew she was right.

1 comment:

Rebecca said...

Congratulations on your new job, experiences and path through this life. I understand how strange and wierd things must be for you now. I absolutely know you will thrive and blossom. Be sure and send your new email address when you have a minute. The girls will be so excited to see you come this weekend!!! Love you.....Berecca