4.28.2010

The strangest thing happened today! I spent the majority of my day at the KSU Union preparing for the Classified Employee Recognition Ceremony. Until Friday I am still an acting Classified Senator so this was my last official duty and I was happy to help. However, that was not the strange part. As I was leaving the Union I felt this wave of sadness wash over me and I started to tear up. The whole premise of the ceremony today was to recognize those employees who have made K-State their life and President Schultz spoke about the campus family. It was touching. As I walked to my car I kept thinking about how even though I refuse to utter the words "Go Cats," this campus has been my home and these wonderful people I work with every day have become my family. I may never step foot in that Union again and that made me very sad. That is the strange part.

A lot of people don't know this but I have taken several credit hours at K-State. One thing I always loved to do was to sit in the courtyard at the Union and people watch. The students are incredibly fascinating! I like to watch the international students and their funky sense of style, the sorority girls and their overpriced bags,  the brainiac kids, and the kissy couples holding hands and laughing completely on top of the world. Occasionally I would see a girl on her cell crying and I would speculate to myself about her story and sympathize.  

I have a ton of good memories that I am taking with me as well as some incredible knowledge. I can honestly say I am truly going to miss K-State.

No comments: