2.19.2010

“I am in my home alone and I have a big picture window in my living room with long tan drapes on both sides. Covering the drapes are thousands of small, furry, black bats. I look at one closely and it looks back at me with its brown glass-like eyes but I can’t force myself to touch it or remove it. As I move through the house I find them all over. On one wall there are bright red blood stains. My Mom is now in my house and she is trying to figure out how to get them out of the house. We discuss simply opening the door and flushing them out. While she is doing that I find two blue and red ribbons hanging on my bakers rack in the kitchen. I go to remove them and throw them away but one of my friends is in the kitchen and tells me they belong to another friend of mine so I put them back.”

That’s when I woke up. I hardly ever remember my dreams and often times I do dream in color. This dream is haunting me because it could have so many different interpretations. I wrote about the symbolism of the bat back in the summer but since then I have started transforming and I have begun to face my fears so now I am obsessed with finding out why there are literally thousands of bats coming to me in my dreamtime. Is it because I am overwhelmed with grief or, does it mean that something awful is about to happen to someone I love? All I do know is I can’t get this out of my head and I have to find out more.

No comments: