1.02.2010

We were lucky enough to be able to bring Dad home this week. It wasn't a smooth process but what else is new. We knew he was going to need to have a hospital room type of situation at the house so we had to get all of that in place before he got home. By noon I was calling my sister venting and basically pleading with her to come up early... which she did. Unfortunately my oldest heard a few words that day she could have done without but rather than scold me for cursing (like she usually does).. she was full of empathy and hugs for her over-whelmed mama. That kid has always been a sound, logical, level-headed voice of reason and this day was no different. Sometimes she amazes me with her maturity and I am so blessed that she mysteriously acquired those qualities.

Dad's future treatment is going to be lower doses of chemo and lots of prayer. His biggest obstacle is that he does not want to drink as much as he needs to. Unfortunately that is something only he can control and as his family we can only nag him so much.

1 comment:

Rebecca said...

Daily prayers for you to have strength and courage, and receive strength and shoulders to lean on , during this trying time, my friend. My prayers are for the healing white light to constanltly surround all of you.