12.10.2009

My Dad...

All little girls idolize their Daddy. I am no different. If you are lucky you get a daddy who is patient, kind, spoils you, and doesn't pitch a fit when you put every barrette and pony-tail holder you own in their hair while sporting some very bright blue eye shadow and pink blush.

My Dad is awesome. Of all the things I remember as a child I remember him teaching me how to play softball. I remember the countless hours he spent out in the yard playing catch and practicing pitching with me. I was not the most athletic or graceful child but I tried and I loved to play sports. He supported me through volleyball, basketball, softball, and track. Those things were very important to him.. more so than I, and he always had advice for the "next time." Now I wish I would have paid more attention.

The thing about daddy's is that you always think they will be around to give that advice. Not so.

People come in and out of our lives so quickly; some more quickly than others. Some go because we have made a choice to let them go. Others are taken from us against our will.

I almost deleted this blog today. I felt it had served its purpose and I was ready to 'let it go' so to speak. Now, for at least a while I am going to use it as my outlet to tell my friends about my Daddy and what a wonderful man and father he is. He would be so embarrassed if he knew so let's don't mention it, okay?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Love this post, my friend; beautiful! My lips are sealed.... :)