6.19.2008

It has been a long time since I have laughed and cried this much in one weekend! Alisha, thanks to you I learned that even plastic deer need to eat and are surprisingly well behaved. Rebecca you taught me that it does not matter if a road is straight or curvy... they can still be windy!

But more importantly this past weekend confirmed my belief that no matter how long or far you have been apart from someone, if you are truly "sisters" no time will have passed at all.

And speaking of time, I have not worn a watch since before this trip and I have no intention of putting it back on. I am embracing the concept of remaining on "Indian time" as much as possible.

This is the town of McGregor Iowa. It looked a lot like downtown Mayberry USA however they did have an awesome contemporary coffee shop. We were told that the nearest grocery store was about 15 miles away. I could have spent all day just walking from shop to shop.




So, to my sisters Sacred Red Willow Woman and Dancing Raven,

Please know that I will hold the memories of our June trip close to my heart. I pray the spirits will bless us with many more trips in the future. Each of us has our own personal issues we have to deal with and I believe that this trip was the start of a new beginning in more ways than one for all of us. Words can not adequately express what we took away from this incredible journey and knowing that we did this together makes it all the more special.

Little Hawk Woman

1 comment:

Rebecca said...

Little Hawk Woman - I am truly thankful that we three, Dancing Raven, you and I, shared this, our first Sweat Lodge, together. We met incredible people and were the recipients of generosity and kindness from those who are no longer strangers to us. It is something we will never forget. And, as you said, is the first of many such journeys to look forward to. May the spirits watch over us all as we go forward.
Forever friends,
Sacred Red Willow Woman
Rebecca