3.07.2008

This would only happen to me.....

For Christmas, my favorite, wonderful sister gave me March 1st KU/KSU basketball tickets and a parking pass. I know... I'm spoiled. What can I say? Since my hubby was not recovered from his latest surgery, I asked Gen if she wanted to go. The girls and I drove down and Syd hung out with Aunt Bonnie, Uncle Jon, and Blaker while we went to Allen Fieldhouse.

Jon got home from work around 5:30 and my sister ordered pizza for dinner. Gentry and I wanted to get to campus by 7pm to catch the guys doing the broadcast for ESPN College Game Day. Saturday was sooo nice outside; the nicest it had been in months. Jon and Blake decided to go out on the deck for a bit but they left the door open so Wally, the cat ran outside. My sister started freaking out, (sorry Bon, but you totally did) and ran out after him followed by the girls. Not wanting to be left inside alone on such a beautiful day, I followed pulling the door shut behind me. Why wouldn't I shut the door? Sure it was nice but I didn't want Jon's big ol' Lab, Nicky in the house so I shut the door not knowing that it was going to lock us all out in the yard. Immediately, I turned to try to open it but it was too late. All I could do was stand there in my stocking feet and laugh while mumbling, "Oh shit!" We had no keys, no cell phone, no shoes, and no money for the pizza that was on the way. Plus, Gen and I had an hour before we had to be at Allen Fieldhouse.

Jon went to a neighbors house and called a locksmith. Thirty minutes and $50 later, we were back in the house and beat the pizza guy to boot! It all worked out and brought up the important issue of where to hide a key just in case Connie locks everyone out of the house again!

No comments: