1.18.2008

Study night gone bad

Now that the spring semester has started for me, I decided to make a few changes in our evening routine. I made the big announcement while cleaning up the kitchen the other night. Here's how that played out.

Me: After you guys finish your dinner I was thinking we would have a study night.

Syd: 'waaaah, waaaah....'
Gen: No mama no. No mama no....

Me: (back turned, still washing dishes) We'll turn off the TV, I will build a big fire, we will all get in our jammies and then camp out in front of the fireplace and read. It will be fun!

Syd: 'waaaah, waaaah...'
Gen: Aghhhh.......! Aghhhh.......!

Me: (back still turned) Ahhh, I'm so glad to hear you guys like the idea! We will have so much fun and we won't have that silly TV bothering us.

It was at that point that Gen excused herself to go upstairs to "get something" while Syd was yelling "Get the net! Get the net!" She returned a few minutes later with a jump rope, a belt, and a fish net! Those little turds were going to throw the fish net over me and tie me up with the jump rope just so they wouldn't have to have study night!! It's just a good thing I'm bigger and can still out run them!

No comments: